Friday, February 29, 2008

LEAPIN' LIZARDS!

I won, I won!! The very excellent storyteller Alison over at RDHMom had a girl scout cookie contest, and I won Thin Mints! How very cool. Thank you, Alison, for making my day leap.

I've always thought it would be cool to have a February 29 birthday. Kind of like being left handed? Something a little off, but in a good way? So happy birthday to all you Leapers out there.

And welcome home to my poet-friend Seth who returns today from a month at Vermont Studio Center! Can you imagine a month in a house with other writers and artists with snow and readings and all that uninterrupted time to write? Seth completed his manuscript for a book of poems, and I couldn't be more thrilled for him. Maybe in my next life I'll be able to escape like that for a month.

Meanwhile, I am escaping this weekend for one night with my sister. No kids, no laundry, just me and Lynn eating and talking and shopping and sleeping. What a great way to start a new month!

“When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.”

- Cynthia Heimel

3 comments:

  1. You are so very welcome Irene!!!

    Have a wonderful time away...enjoy your sister!!

    Before you go though, or when you come back...can you email me your address so I can get your cookies out to you?? thanks...

    blessedfamm at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene,

    Have a WONDERFUL weekend with your sister! Oh, how I have always wished for a sister. Such a special gift. You deserve this time, so enjoy every moment of it.

    Thank you for all of the love and support that you have given to me.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU, Deb... your girls are so lucky to have each other! You are right about sisterhood being a gift. So good to see you here. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?