Tuesday, May 27, 2008

GANDHI SAID IT BEST

I read once that middle children are the fiercest competitors, despite what you may have heard about those high-achieving firstborn kids.

And I gotta tell you, as a middle child who also knows that peacekeeper role really well, I think it's true about the competitive spirit being alive and well in those who find themselves in the middle. Which is why I love this Gandhi quote. Because his name is almost synonymous with "peace" yet he was also a fighter.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

- Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

  1. Irene,

    I absolutely agree that those middle children will give you a run for your money! I have two of them, and boy, oh boy, they do not like to back down! It really goes against their nature!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?