Wednesday, October 29, 2008

WHAT IS IT ABOUT RABBITS?

So I've just read a really sweet book: THE MIRACULOUS JOURNEY OF EDWARD TULANE by Kate DiCamillo. It about a china rabbit who goes on a very long trip and along the way discovers how to love.

Remember THE VELVETEEN RABBIT and WATERSHIP DOWN? Well, add this title to the list of great rabbit books. Oh, and let's not forget Peter Rabbit! (I still have the itty bitty Nutshell Library set I got for Christmas when I was a kid.) And RUNAWAY BUNNY. What am I forgetting?

I'll leave you with my favorite quote from the book about Edward Tulane:

"It was a singular sensation to be held so gently and yet so fiercely, to be stared down at with so much love."

- Kate DiCamillo

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful quote, dear heart! I love rabbits!(I love most animals. Who am I kidding?) We have those little brown ones around my house and I can't help but stop and look at them every time I see one.

    How are you doing, sweet friend?

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so with you. We love all of those books around here. I must admit I can't even read the board book version of The Velveteen Rabbit without crying.

    Another great bunny book you should check out is The Snuggle Bunny, by Nancy Jewell. I had it as a child, and we all still love to read it. The illustrations are beautiful, and the words are poignant. It's out of print, but worth the extra money to find an old copy, I think...


    Kirie

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?