Monday, January 5, 2009

THINKING BIG


So, thanks to fellow Tenner Kay Cassidy (whose YA book THE CINDERELLA SOCIETY sounds awesome!) I've been thinking about goals.

What do I want to accomplish this year? And how will I do it?

Here are my major writing goals for 2009:

1. Acceptance and Delivery of THE WITCHES OF GEE'S BEND (soon, very soon!)
2. Submit and sell book 2, ESCAPE FROM FIRE MOUNTAIN
3. Write book 3, THE RED LIST (more on this later!)
4. Write (and revise!) 40 new poems by October 1 (deadline for coffee table book)
5. Develop supplemental material to be used in 2010 for Teacher pages on website, book discussion/activity pages AND for school visits (GEE'S BEND)

Yep, it's gonna be a busy year. But that's just how I like it.

"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way."

- Dr. Seuss

3 comments:

  1. Such a great goal list--and so specific, too. I need to sit down and really, really plan out my goals for the year. . . I mean, besides the general "sell a book" goal.

    Happy 2009!

    sf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is smaller and yet still a big goal for me.
    1. Complete book proposal.
    2. Finish the book.
    3. Blog 5 days a week.
    4. Sell my book.
    Okay, maybe that isn't so small.

    Good luck and much success in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... thanks, Irene! :-) LOVE your goals for 2009. Here's to an amazing, productive year. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?