Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ME AND THE GOVERNOR

Still no "official" photo from the Governor's people, but, before you've completely lost interest, I wanted to go ahead and share the ones from my camera.

Here's me and Ginger Rue.
Not only is Ginger an amazing author and speaker, she's also a member of Black Belt Action Commission. Love her AND her books! And she totally saved me... I didn't know I was going to have to speak at the event, and she was like the most awesome publicist ever: gave me some key points, and I ran with them. Plus she dashed around introducing me to people she felt like I needed to meet. Seriously. I need a Ginger at ever event!

Now. Here's one of Governor Riley accepting the Commission's gift to him: a Gee's Bend quilt, of course!

I also got to see Sulynn from Blackbelt Treasures at the event. Wow, seeing her sweet face in the audience sure helped to ease my nerves!

And finally, here's me and the Governor in the same shot at least... Ginger was able to snap this as we were parting ways after the presentation of LEAVING GEE'S BEND. I was so relieved at this point... mission accomplished!


Will share the "official" photo as soon as I have it. Meanwhile, I've got a school visit tomorrow -- my first of 2010-11 school year. I'm excited!

4 comments:

  1. Irene! What a wonderful event & a wonderful story to share! I am so glad Ms. Sulynn was able to attend! She is such a doll!

    Love the pics!

    Visit My Kingdom Anytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were wonderful! I was bragging on you yesterday at my regional commission. Can't wait to see the "official" pic of you and the Gov!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene, you look fabulous! Must have been a little nerve wracking but apparently you dealt with it!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?