Friday, February 11, 2011

WHAT COLOR IS CANCER, AND OTHER THOUGHTS TO PONDER

.
for Poetry Friday, I want to tell you about all the juicy goodness spilling from the pages of the latest Birmingham Arts Journal.

There's Maria Coble's poem "What Color is Cancer?" which just might surprise you. (No, it's not black.)

There's Vernon Fowlkes Jr.'s poem "Say We Have Felt This" that addresses sound and touch and begins

Say this is a sound
wired in the hammer
in the ear. Say

There's Jim Reed's piece entitled "How to Murder an Author." (In case you were curious!)

There's Nick McRae's poem about what happens with goldfish entitled "The Ressurrection and the Life."

There's Kory Wells' lovely poem called "Still, My Daughter Wants to Fly."

There's even a poem of mine: "Why Hester Prynne Still Loves the Color Red."

And so much more! I hope you'll check it out. Then, send me your submissions!! Would love to publish some of my Poetry Friday friends.

Speaking of...Carol at Rasco from RIF has Poetry Friday Round up.

5 comments:

  1. Irene, I'll have to go looking through my piles of paper---er, I mean files, of course--for a submission. I look forward to checking out the B'ham Arts Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled this from a poem I wrote in 1976.


    As I try to think of something to say,
    I remember your green eyes
    And how they would pop out in surprise,
    How I would laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Journal is a treasure trove! Thanks for sharin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The g got lost -- I meant sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a tantalizing sounding collection. I will look for something to submit and see what happens. Thanks for the invitation!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?