Thursday, March 15, 2012

SPLISH SPLASH, I WAS READING IN THE BATH



This is Goldsmith-Schiffman Elementary School just outside of Huntsville, Alabama.




These are the stacks of books that were waiting for my signature (and how I learned LEAVING GEE'S BEND is now in its 4th printing!). 


These are the ladies who made my visit spectacular: sweet Ann East and Leeann Childers, librarian-extraordinaire! 


This is the bathtub that sits in the library (and reminded me of my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Fattig who had a bathtub in her classroom where I successfully recited the names of 48 states -- but forgot Hawaii and Alaska).
 This is me perched on the edge of the bathtub with some wonderful students all around.




This is me inside the bathtub with more wonderful students all around.








And this is me READING INSIDE THE BATHTUB.

Pretty awesome, huh?

Thank you GSES staff and students! GO OWLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?