Monday, February 18, 2013

ARISTOTLE AND DANTE DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE by Benjamin Alire Saenz

Who among us isn't interested in the secrets of the universe?

Part of the magic of this book is how anyone can relate, whether 15 years old or 32 or 77; whether male or female; whatever race; whether gay or straight or bi or whatever.

It's a love story in which bad things happen, and when they do, you really feel them, because you care so deeply about these characters. As a mom of teen boys, I particularly enjoyed the boys' relationships with the parents in the book.



Here's a "sky" passage:

"Why do birds exist, anyway?"

He looked at me. "You don't know?"

"I guess I don't."

"Birds exist to teach us things about the sky."

(I'd like to write a poem with my own answers this question.)

Read this book. There's a reason it's got so many stickers on its cover.

Happy day!



3 comments:

  1. It does look interesting I'll have to see if I can find it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds very good, Irene. I love your quote, imagine you were thrilled to find it for your OLW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it a couple of weeks ago and I loved it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?