Monday, May 12, 2014

Movie Monday: ALL IS LOST

I love a good survival story. And since I've been writing a survival story, I knew as soon as I saw the ad that I needed to see ALL IS LOST.

What's amazing about this movie: aside from the opening narration, which the movie gets back to eventually, there is only one other word of dialogue in the entire film. We don't know our hero's backstory. And yet we still care very much about what happens to him.

Like all good survival stories, this one made me clench and tense pretty much the entire time. Little decisions are magnified, the worst happens. We worry and fret and see things coming.

And, it's gorgeous. The ocean, the sky. How Redford's expressions and actions show us his feelings. Really, really fantastic. Will watch again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?