Thursday, November 20, 2014

FITNESS THAT'S FUN #bloglikecrazy

Today's #bloglikecrazy prompt from Javacia Bowser is "Write a post about fitness - how you stay fit or how you plan to get in shape."

So, fitness.

I don't do so well with workout routines that are for the purpose of working out. :) I like exercise that happens in my daily life: walks around the neighborhood or at the park; playing with the dogs; mopping; sweeping; raking leaves; parking at the edge of the parking lot and walking. Stuff like that.

BUT. I realize these don't necessarily achieve the fitness goals for a person my age. So I do other stuff, too. Ever heard of the 7 Minute Workout? It's an app for your phone. (My sister introduced me to it.) One of the things I love about it is that it doesn't require any other equipment -- just you and your body.

I also love yoga and stretching. But I get bored easily. I need something that's different all the time. Which is why last month I returned to Jazzercise. I love it! I've been going 3-4 times a week, and oh, man, do I feel stronger! Plus, it is SO MUCH FUN. Even for someone like me who doesn't particularly like public exercise and who has no dance or athletic history. I love the music, I love *trying* the dance moves, and sometimes even pulling them off.

What do YOU like to do for fitness?


1 comment:

Your thoughts?