Wednesday, February 8, 2017

An Abundance of Notebooks

My One Little Word for 2017 is "abundance." Among other things, it's got me thinking about cleaning out. What material things do I have an abundance of? What items am I holding onto? Where in my life can I pare down to make room for the type of abundance I am seeking: the abundance of the spirit?

One thing I have an abundance of is notebooks. Most of them have been gifted to me -- and I love them! I love how they remind me of the individuals who gave them to me, and how the empty pages hold so much promise, and how the covers so very often contain bits of wisdom and beauty and inspiration.

What I'd like to do is give them all away. Pass them on. (Well, not ALL of them...) This year I will be looking for opportunities to do just that... maybe these notebooks will go to attendees at one of my sessions at a writing conference. Maybe I will distribute them to some special students. I'm not sure yet, but I will let you know!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of giving these away. I have a collection, too. I recently found a beautiful one of art and quotes for women. I am using it to write the poems for Laura's February challenge. These notebooks symbolize that others honor the writer you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked at how many notebooks I have (once I corralled all of them into a designated drawer). I'm trying to use the ones I've started writing in more often! And maybe some day I'll get to start writing in a new one.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?