Monday, March 27, 2017

LEAVING GEE'S BEND paperback cover!

LEAVING GEE'S BEND was released from Putnam/Penguin in January 2010. It was my first book for children, and what got me out of my pajamas: that first year I gave over 100 presentations about the book and Gee's Bend! It changed my life in so many wonderful ways, so of course it holds a dear place in my heart.

And now it's coming out in paperback! I'm so grateful to NewSouth Books who acquired it after Putnam/Penguin let it go out of print. It releases in April, and my hope is that Ludelphia goes out and makes many more new friends!

Here's the paperback cover:


And here is an invitation to the event we've got planned for the release:


WE LOVE GEE'S BEND DAY!
Sunday, April 23, 2017
2 pm
Emmet O'Neal Library
50 Oak St., Mountain Brook, AL 35213

Community members will share Gee's bend stories, quilts, favorite scenes, and more! Gee's Bend quilters Mary Ann Pettway and China Pettway will be there! Other featured guests include Mary Allison Haynie (AL Folklife Association), Lillis Taylor (Bib & Tucker), Claudia Pettway (That's Sew Gee's Bend), students, teachers, friends, and others! Y'all come!

5 comments:

  1. Love the cover! Even more, I love that Ludelphia will make her way into many more hearts. I wish I could come for the festivities. Congrats for Ludellphia's upcoming launch in paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still have some grant money left over, so I'm adding this title to our lit circle collection.

      Delete
  2. Irene, I recently found this book at my local library and enjoyed it tremendously. Congrats on the paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful new cover. The celebration sounds like a fair, Irene. That's terrific for your book, but also for those who are a special part of your story. I imagine you are really looking forward to this important day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so many congratulations, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?